ORGANISATION/COMPANYWroclaw University of Science and Technology
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/01/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Wroclaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK36
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2019
The Faculty of Computer Science and Management, Wroclaw University of Technology is seeking the employee for the position of an assistant professor in the scientific disciplines informatics and systems engineering foreseen for the work in the Chair of Informatics. The main responsibilities for a person at this position will concern scientific research, didactic and organizational works for the Chair, for Division as well as for the Faculty.
Employed person’s main tasks:
- Conducting scientific research in the scope of intelligent decision support systems particularly in the area of machine learning, systems identification and systems modelling.
- Conducting classes for Bachelor and Master Levels full-time and part-time students at the programs in Computer Science and Systems Engineering.
- Co-operation with outside entities in the scope of conducted scientific researches.
- Continuous increasing of professional qualifications.
- Preparation of application forms for scientific, research and development grants.
- Accomplishing, according to employer’s orders, all organizational works for the Chair, Division and the Faculty connected with own research and didactic activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPOLISH: ExcellentENGLISH: Excellent
Candidates ought to meet all following requirements:
- To have the scientific degree of PhD in computer science in technical sciences or at list advanced his/her PhD dissertation.
- To know the foundations of the computer sciences and systems engineering in the area of machine learning, systems identification, mathematical modelling and decision support systems.
- To have the experience in scientific research works in the scope of decision support systems particularly in machine learning, systems identification and mathematical modelling. This experience should be confirmed by scientific articles in journals in the period of last five years.
- To have the experience in carrying out at least one research project.
- To have the experience in didactic works for Systems Engineering and Computer Science programs.
- To know English at the B2 level or to have PhD exam in English passed.
- To have high-school certificate from Polish.
List of required documents:
- Application for employment to the Rector.
- Copy of your master diploma and a statement about the progress of the doctoral dissertation
- First-person narrative summary informing about interests and achievements in research, didactic and organizational activity.
- List of achievements in scientific work.
- Statistics of publications (tables according to the pattern) according to the current MNiSW score and the total number of obtained points.
- The list of quotations of the candidate's scientific papers.
- List of didactic classes ran by the candidate (according to the attached template).
- Information about cooperation with institutions, organizations and scientific societies in the country and abroad.
- Organizational achievements.
- List of research, science, developmental and implementation projects in which the candidate managed the team or participated in work of the team (according to the attached template).
- List of awards and scientific distinctions.
- Opinion of at least one academic teacher with the academic title or postdoctoral degree of doctoral research, didactic and organizational work activity of the candidate.
- Statement of expression of an agreement to processing of personal data in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the protection of personal data (Journal of Laws from 2002 No. 101, item 926, as amended)
- Statement of meeting the requirements specified in art. 109 para. 1 of the Act of 27 July 2005 Law on Higher Education (as amended).
- Candidate's statement that in case of winning the competition, Wrocław University of Science and Technology will be the primary place of work.
EURAXESS offer ID: 361797